Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Toolbox shortcuts AC10

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Am I right in saying that the default AC10 keyboard shortcuts don't have any setup for the Toolbox like there was for AC 9?

I tried to use the old AC 9 shortcuts for the toolbox but a lot of them conflict with the new AC10 shortcuts.

Anyone got a nice logical scheme for the Toolbox shortcuts. I've attached what I've got so far but it's not ideal.

One annoying thing that AC10 doesn't show that AC 9 did was when you float your mouse over the Toolbox icons it would show you the name of the Tool plus what it's shortcut is but in AC 10 it only shows you the name of the the Tool but no shortcut.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
14 REPLIES 14
Chazz
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
You can use the Wall Tool in a Detail Window?
I assume this is a rhetorical question...... No you can't. But not all details are created in a detail window generated via the detail tool. I do plenty of them in the floor plan window.

Long time users may recall that version 4.5 allowed you to use the wall tool in a Section window but they it had no effect on the model. They just became 2D elements and it was useful at times ...... But I guess it was deemed just too weird to continue. However, it seems almost as strange now that the 3D tools are not grayed out in section windows.

BTW I was able to see the tool key combination hints when flying over the Tool Palette as well as the Toobox.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
TomWaltz
Participant
Chazz wrote:
I assume this is a rhetorical question...... No you can't. But not all details are created in a detail window generated via the detail tool. I do plenty of them in the floor plan window.
I can imagine the Graphisoft reponse: "Why would you do that? If you only use Archicad the way we recommend for what we designed it for, everything would work fine. "

(not saying I agree with it, just that it is the response I would expect....)
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Incidentally, you can import your ArchiCAD 9 profile (and/or schemes) into 10 and see how you go. [Note: when you import a earlier profile, you will then probably need to rename the new Company Standards Scheme.] Then you can go to Work Environment > Command Layout Schemes > Menus and view the 'All new commands in alphabetical order' from the drop down list to add new commands. This could be a lot of trouble though - guess it depends if you'd rather go to the bother of adding things to an old profile or learn the new way. I know what I'd be doing.

Also, you can see a summary of new shortcuts and shortcut changes in ArchiCAD 10 at:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Shortcut_changes_in_AC10

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
....Also, you can see a summary of new shortcuts and shortcut changes in ArchiCAD 10 at:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Shortcut_changes_in_AC10

Cheers,
Link.

Hi,
Is there one for US or INT and US use the same shortcuts?
Thanks,
Joseph
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Is there one for US or INT and US use the same shortcuts?
Doesn't look like it Joseph, but you could try asking Ed (Brown) if he's created one.

Cheers,
Link.