Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trying to create own fill but screen only pattern appears

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

so I am trying to create my own fill, and so far I believe I have done everything right. Created a pattern pure out of lines, copied pasted it on Fill types. But when i actually do the filling it copies the screen-only pattern. What am i doing wrong?

thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You copied the stencil for the Fill from the Floor Plan, and pasted in the Fill Types Dialog, right?
Did you use the Line Tool or the Polyline Tool to draw the stencil?
I think you have to do it with the Line Tool, the Polylines will not be copied/pasted.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used just lines, I know this function wont work with polyline. and in the box I do see how my pattern should be but when i create it it does not appear. i did a screensave to exemplify this but i am not able to post it here.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Under View > On-Screen View Options

Make sure Vectorial Hatching is checked on.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Man you are a genius! Thanks,

by the way maybe you can also help me with something. So I have archicad Student version 17, and my library is ok but somehow my graphic hatches are not appearing. for example for insulation or gravel, It does not show the graphics. That is why I am creating my own hatches.
any idea?
thanks
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
sseordio wrote:
Man you are a genius! Thanks,

by the way maybe you can also help me with something. So I have archicad Student version 17, and my library is ok but somehow my graphic hatches are not appearing. for example for insulation or gravel, It does not show the graphics. That is why I am creating my own hatches.
any idea?
thanks
You're welcome.

You can try checking the Model View Options, under Override Fill Display.
James Badcock
Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant find it.
let me try to explain it in a better way:
so for example when I click on wall under Geometry and positioning on the right side i can define how the wall is build with which materials. If i choose concrete for example the left box shows a ? indicating the graphic is missing, while the right box is grey as the material should be.
I am using Archicad for mac so the interface might be slightly different!
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I guess you are using AC16, you should add this information to a signature.

If there is a "?" that usually means the attribute is missing because it has been deleted. The result will be a solid fill in any view. Try to apply another fill to the element. Also, some images would help.

Edit, sorry I see that it's AC17. Same thing about missing attribute. AC17 brings Delete and Replace, so you shouldn't have a "?" appear.
James Badcock
Anonymous
Not applicable
can I delete my library and import a new one?

So i tried deleting my library and importing it again and i get a message saying missing objects - from attributes and then a list of all the materials. Why is that? how can i fix it?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can simply unload your library in the Library Manager Dialog and load another one.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27