cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Two Roof Pitches Creating a Hip

toman311
Enthusiast
The roof is not aligning up with itself. There are two roof pitches, which is the reason why. These roofs need to be separate pitches, but how do I get these roof eaves to line up to make a corner?

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 6.02.20 PM.png
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
The overhang (eave) needs to be different on both roofs.
You need to stretch the edge on the right side (with the pet palette options) so it is in line with the corner of the hip.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
When intersecting 2 roofs with 2 different roof pitches, the bearing heights will not be the same (in real life) for the tops of the fascia's to line up. The lowest slope gets set first, then the higher slope. The roof bearing heights need to be adjusted to create a corner. For example, if the lower roof pitch is a 12:12 sitting at 1'-0" above the Attic F.F., the 14:12 would need to be 1'-1 1/2" above the Attic F.F. for the tops of the Fascia's to line up. This is what needs to be done if you want an overhang that is consistent in width from one roof slope to the next.