Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

USING AC 10's Window and Door SETTINGS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a place that the meaning of all the words mean in US standard English terminology for the dialogue boxes (definition of terms etc.) for Windows and Doors...(others would be helpful also). I have been wasting hours trying to figure them out and not ever getting the standard products that I need. This typically would be in the Reference Guide but I am not in Europe.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you mean words like "casing", "sill", "stool", etc. in the parameters or something else? Most of these are standard architectural terms although they use "frame" where "jamb" would be more accurate and use width and thickness in a confusing way. It is true that library parts are not sufficiently documented. This is part of what I do for my clients but I haven't yet found a way to expand my efforts to the world at large (short of my occasional posts here).
TomWaltz
Participant
Matthew wrote:
This is part of what I do for my clients but I haven't yet found a way to expand my efforts to the world at large (short of my occasional posts here).
"Occasional"? 😉
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
The door "leaf" I think is the classic disparity. I always try to point this one out since its meaning can be eluding.

I think it would be great to start favorites sharing for door and window settings. Next we will need a favorites translator to help with template differences.