cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall and Column Subtraction

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that when you put a column along a wall it does not subtracts its volume from the wall's volume. I checked this at the wall scheme. Is there any way to perform an automatic wall column subtraction without SEO

I am asking this because if you design the walls without mixing (wall stops when it meets a column) with the columns then it is not possible to create zones with the automatic function of the reference line because at the column area the walls are supposed to have a space so the zone it is not recognized.

Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that the wall schedule does not update automatically when you add or remove a column that is why I couldn' t see any change.
It does subtracts the volume, although it does not subtracts the area on the ground.

If someone has a comment on this matter I would appreciate a reply.

Thank you
Erika Epstein
Booster
What version of AC are you using?

In 13 the element Information palette will show both the volume and the plan area amended when a column intersects.

The schedule as you noted shows only the volume amended.

This is a bug which I believe this has come up before.

This is another example of inaccurate scheduling information. These kinds of problems prevent users from using Archicad's BIM potential when users cannot easily extrude accurate data.

Hmmph.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"