Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Where did hotspts go in V12 doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
We used to use D1COmmercialDoor10 in v10 and we are now setting up a v12 template and I'm putting doors in but I don't see where to set up the distances for hotspots. In V10 it used to be in the FLoor plan symbol under clearance Hs. pull side etc... Where did they move them in V12?

Thanks,
Michele
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Virtuoso
Are all the hotspots enabled in the Parameters?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have them all turned on. I see

show wall hole hp
show unit hp
show reveal hs
show egress hs
show leaf hs

But none of these will get me what I want. I used to be able to set a clearance hp on the pull side. SO when I placed a door and then the wall moved (that it was opening up against) I could use the hotspot to move the door so the frame was 2" away from the wall. It was very convenient.

Do I set one of the above hotspots. None of them really seemed correct to me.

And While I have you listening to me ... how come there are so many door objects. Once I set up a door with the frame sizes, fill types, maker specifications, etc...... etc.......... , etc.... and then I want to add a sidelite and the door I started with doesn't have a sidelite option I have to redo absolutely everything! It takes a lot of time to reset up all those things when it could have already been done.

Thanks,
Michele
Djordje
Virtuoso
You don't.

Pick up the properties of the door that you have started from, and transfer them to the preview picture (bottom left panel by default) of the new door. Whatever can be transferred, will be.

I am not conversant with the US library, so will leave it to Karl or some other US guru to answer in detail.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try the transfer thing but I still don't have the hotspots I used in v10. And now there are no where to be found. This was not a feature I wanted.

Michele