Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window Line Weight @ Wall Intersection AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have looked everywhere for a way to control the line weight of the intersection of Library 10 window / door with it's wall. There is this heavy line drawn at the intersection of wall. As per drawing. I can't get rid of it.

Anybody?

Thanks.

Untitled-2.jpg
24 REPLIES 24
SeaGeoff
Ace
These are both legitimate concerns. The two libraries cannot be loaded together as many of the objects have the same name, some of which, like doors and windows, are actually different. So yes, you must load one or the other (for now). I also agree that updating could be even more problematic than it already is if switching back and forth.

I suggest loading other libraries only so users can see the big picture. In the case of windows and doors the new INT objects have a much improved UI, while the US objects have a more realistic intersection between exterior casing and siding. But in both cases enough bugs and graphic faux pas exist to call the current development strategy into question. I think it's time we all demand a more focused approach
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
I think it's time we all demand a more focused approach
Geoff,

Of course you already have read many of my posts on this subject. (I'm too tired to search for them right now to post links.) I feel strongly that the library parts need a serious overhaul. As they are now they are WAY too complicated. I am honestly impressed at how well the library parts have been done considering the difficulties, but a thousand lines of code passing a hundred parameters to macros with thousands of lines of code is ultimately unsupportable.

The problem is that library parts are being pressed into service to make up for the lack of complex assemblies. A door or a window is not a single component. It consist of a leaf or sash, an opening, casings or wall closures, hardware, etc...

It must become possible to define a door type assembly and associate the appropriate parts at the user level. It is ridiculous to expect the GDL illuminati to anticipate all the possible permutations of every door and window we might want to use.
LiHigh
Newcomer
For me, I'd stopped using GS doow & window Libraries years ago! The reasons are obvoius: Lots of buggy parts to manage.

I'm quite happy with Cadimage's door & window Builder plus my objects.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Brad Elliott
Booster
Has anyone developed an actual solution to this problem? I have this issue with the ArchiCAD libraries as well as with my D3 Smartparts libraries. And it happens with doors as well as windows. I can turn off enable objects pens which gets rid of the line but gives me a single pen weight object which is not satisfactory. Any other suggestions?
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
........ Please take a look at my list, published here, that I've been working up with some other committed (or soon to be committed) users and see if you find the same issues. Specifically take a look at Plan symbol-->wrong wall line in the first section.
Hi Geoff,
Can not connect to the link, any other way to connect?
Thanks,
Josep