Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window + Slab intersection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm new to this forum, hope you guys can help me out. I'm trying Arhicad 17 for the new construction materials thing, and I noticed that if I have a composite slab, and a wall with a window, (I'm viewing this in a section), the external material of the composite slab goes through the window. I'm attaching 2 images to make it more clear.

This is the window NOT touching the slab

This is the window touching the slab and the material going right through it

Is there a setting I'm missing? How can I fix this?

Thanks a lot!

PS: I don't know if this is the correct way to upload images, if not, maybe someone could explain me or direct me to a link where I could learn how to.
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
You might need to edit one of the window settings for tolerance. Also see this thread for some extra situations.

Another option is to check the material strength for the window and that it has a higher number than the one that is crossing.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=44726
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
mmm didn't work, it sort of...moved the window down a bit, but the material still goes through
Eduardo Rolon
there must be a missing setting, mine almost works.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed that if I start a new file on Archicad 17 (the one I'm using is from AC16) the the whole thing works, BUT, if I use ADJUST ELEMENT TO SLAB, then the issue appears...
Eduardo Rolon
You should read the migration guide (under Help) for 16 to 17. The problem with a 16 file might be that you have "Legacy Intersection" selected.
Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 2.32.45 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, I unchecked that thing.. and the same issue appears in a brand new AC17 file with AC17 library... kind of weird that nobody else seems to have this issue
Eduardo Rolon
Felipe wrote:
No, I unchecked that thing.. and the same issue appears in a brand new AC17 file with AC17 library... kind of weird that nobody else seems to have this issue
Usually this means that you are missing a step somewhere. Check your Building materials.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Felipe wrote:
Usually this means that you are missing a step somewhere. Check your Building materials.
I checked it, the window frame material has a higher priority than the slab's finish material... also, I noticed that when I edit the composite slab, if I set the finish material as CORE instead of FINISH, the problem is solved in the section, but looks bad in 3D...if it's set as FINISH, it looks bad on the section but looks ok in the 3D...