Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Windows Keep Switching To Transparent

Anonymous
Not applicable
In 'View->3D View Mode->3D Window Settings' you can set the transparency to 'off', then the next time you make a view of an elevation, the windows will be opaque. However, if you left the transparency on when you created the view, there is no way to redefine the view so the windows are opaque.

I created two views of the same section -- one defined when transparency was on, and the other when it was off. Sure enough they each memorized their own transparency setting.

The question now is, How do you redefine the transparency state of a view? There is no transparency option in the Settings, and I have tried setting the transparency, popping up the settings dialog, then clicking OK, but it won't redefine the transparency. Currently, the only way I can solve this problem is to delete the original view and define a new one. However, I have a drafter who has completely annotated an exterior elevation, and has the transparency in the wrong mode. I would prefer not to lose all the associative annotation.
24 REPLIES 24
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes - it's a bug that GS is aware of.

The only way to fix it at the moment is to re-create the views from scratch.

Cheers,
Link.
Jefferson
Participant
not happy either with the way this works, pleased, to a degree, to know it's not just my personal problem...........Since I don't feel the time is warranted to screw around with this constantly, I've been setting the updates for my elevations to manual, and only refreshing/updating at publishing. Apperntly my sections settings were good out of the gate.

All easy for me to say as sole proprietor.............my sympathies to those of you trying to run or oversee multiple seats.
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
TomWaltz
Participant
I know it's a workaround, but I found the best way to avoid the transparency problem was to make sure all the settings in my templates had it turned off. That way unless someone turns it on, it stays off.
Tom Waltz
Jefferson
Participant
you know there are so many workarounds, no matter what version we're talking, that become second nature over time, seems there 'ought to be a "workaround chapter", or two, included in every manual
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Erika Epstein
Booster
Jefferson wrote: