Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Windows at higher than "cut plane"...how to get th

rob2218
Enthusiast
I have a window.
the window size is 2' hight X 5' wide and it's placed 6' high off the floor line. it wont read properly in plan (shows as if as though it was imbedded in wall not cutting thru wall).

The window is where i need it to be but how do I get it to display in plan properly?

STep by step would be helpful.

thanks.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the info box or settings dialog under "Floor Plan Display" select "Symbolic" rather than "Projected"
tsturm
Newcomer
AC 10

trying to install a window above the cutting plane. Bottom of window is above cutting plane. Once the window is placed, it disappears in plan. I can only move it in elevation or section but not in plan. The only way I have found to see the window in plan again is to raise up the cutting plane (from 4' to 7'). But by changing the cutting plane height I loose the other windows which are lower (headers at 6').

I have tried changing the window settings from Symbolic to Projected to Projected with Overhead to Outline. Nothing seems to work.

Could someone offer up a suggest as I need to dimension the location of these windows in plan for the framer.

Thanks
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Terrence,

Delt with this a few weeks ago and here is what i came up with.
You have to change the settings for the wall as well and the window.
The wall setting I used was projected with overhead, and for the window
overhead all. It still won't display a cut wall but the window will show up.
go in to the window settings and change the overhead line settings to display as you want.

Hope that helps

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
tsturm
Newcomer
Dave wrote:
Terrence,

Delt with this a few weeks ago and here is what i came up with.
You have to change the settings for the wall as well and the window.
The wall setting I used was projected with overhead, and for the window
overhead all. It still won't display a cut wall but the window will show up.
go in to the window settings and change the overhead line settings to display as you want.

Hope that helps

David
yes David

This is what I found out was wrong with my model. I had the walls set to "cut only". Once I changed the walls to projected, the windows showed up in all sorts of settings since I had been changing them all to different types trying to figure out which setting would work. Things seem to make a lot more sense now that I look at the settings as symbol versus a true cut. The walls and windows work better now with the projected settings.

thanks
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000