Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

brick surrounds

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bonsoir everyone,

Im trying to model some windows with brick surrounds. So far I can only find the option to have an arch of bricks over th etop of the window, not all the way around it. Does anyone know a way of doing this that wont take too long?

merci!

Lisa
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You may be able to use what GS calls the "Quoins" object
in the masonry folder in the wall extras folder.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Create a slab, using the multiply with vertical increment, then add another slab for the mortar.

Snap
PS
Anonymous
Not applicable
...or create a beam profile in the shape of the window surround. Place it through the wall (perpendicular). It makes the penetration automatically. For mortar joints and/or rustication you can make additional profiles and extend or recess them as necessary.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadimage's Door and Window Builder will do this. See image below. While I haven't explored all the settings, if you select a Head moulding option you can do away with the mitred corners too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for your replies guys, some very interesting ideas which I will definately look at when the project developes, for the moment I will draw in a symbolic representation using lines as its too much time at this stage.

Sart, thanks fo rth etip on imagecad, i guess I have to pay for this? Im disappointed that something as basic as this should have to be paid for as an extra, when brick arch is already available, why not a surround for the whole window?

Regardless, many thanks once again for your help generous forum users!