Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

brick surrounds

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bonsoir everyone,

Im trying to model some windows with brick surrounds. So far I can only find the option to have an arch of bricks over th etop of the window, not all the way around it. Does anyone know a way of doing this that wont take too long?

merci!

Lisa
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You may be able to use what GS calls the "Quoins" object
in the masonry folder in the wall extras folder.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Create a slab, using the multiply with vertical increment, then add another slab for the mortar.

Snap
PS
Anonymous
Not applicable
...or create a beam profile in the shape of the window surround. Place it through the wall (perpendicular). It makes the penetration automatically. For mortar joints and/or rustication you can make additional profiles and extend or recess them as necessary.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadimage's Door and Window Builder will do this. See image below. While I haven't explored all the settings, if you select a Head moulding option you can do away with the mitred corners too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for your replies guys, some very interesting ideas which I will definately look at when the project developes, for the moment I will draw in a symbolic representation using lines as its too much time at this stage.

Sart, thanks fo rth etip on imagecad, i guess I have to pay for this? Im disappointed that something as basic as this should have to be paid for as an extra, when brick arch is already available, why not a surround for the whole window?

Regardless, many thanks once again for your help generous forum users!