cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

change the setting of the fill background in object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am new here,
I got a problem,
Where I can change the setting of the fill background of object in the beginning. I don't want to change the setting every time I chose the object
so ...Is there anyway to do only once??
Thans a lot

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can change the default settings by opening the library part and editing the parameters list. It is usually best to save the part with a different name - usually just add your initials, company abbreviation, or project number - and save them to a project or company standard library (so you know which ones have been adjusted and don't run the risk of them being overwritten later).

You can also inject the current settings into a newly selected part by holding down apple+option (Mac) or ctrl+alt (Win) when you click on it in the list. This only work if they share the same parameter name and won't be so good if there are other shared parameters you don't want to transfer.

You may also be having the problem that your fill definitions are inconsistent with defaults of the library parts. Most parts have a background fill preset to "Empty Fill" with an index number of 85. If your fills have been changed from the defaults it is possible that your they are using a different fill with that index number or substituting another if that number is not used (usually #1 "Brick Common"). This can be fixed in Attribute Manager though it can be a bit tricky since index numbers are not directly editable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you your reply, really do
But I am a little confused, pleases excuse my English, it's my second language.
It's opening the library part and save the part with a different name means
click the object tool and change the parameters and then save as a file like something.pln ?? I think I must misunderstanding. Or I should just ask where to open the library part ??

I don't want to do inject one, because they are different objects, and that would change them become the same.

And you are right , my fill definitions are weird, it's preset a bright green color not "Empty Fill".
It's that mean no way to fix it ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure which version of AC you are using but I have had similar issues after I open or merge a DWG file as a reference point for a new project.

The reasons for this were that the pen colours have changed and are now the same as the DWG file that you have imported. In this case if you are using say AC 9.0 then then pen #91 which is normally white is now a green colour , so that when you use any libray part that uses the empty fill pattern the colour associated with it is now green not the original white.

The problem is not with your library parts they are working correctly what you will need to do is to correct your pens and colours so that at least the pen 91 is a white colour. - i think.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My version of AC is 8.1, and I changed the pen color, it's do work .

Thanks a lot , now I can get rid of the annoying bright green color.