cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

concrete fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm looking for a concrete fill that looks like it has random ruble and sand in it. For the last few years I've been using the Lightweight Concrete fill that came with ArchiCAD but it looks like a repeated pattern. I would prefer to use on that looks more random.

I'm also looking for a more attractive earth fill in case you have or know of one that looks more hand drawn.

I'm sure that there are better concrete and earth fills for ArchICAD than the ones that I have.

Can anyone post, send me or point me to a concrete fill that looks more random and an earth fill that looks more hand drawn?

I'm post screen shots of the Lightweight Concrete Fill and the concrete fill that one of my engineers uses. He's using AutoCAD so I don't think there is an easy why for me to use the fill he has.

Thank you,
John
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
AutoCAD_Concrete_Fill
Erich
Contributor
This is easy. If you like the Autocad fill. Merge and Autocad file with that fill into and empty Archicad file. This will automatically add the autocad fill. You can then use attribute transfer to safely move the new fill to your template.

Beyond that you can create any fill you want just by drawing it. Getting it to blend will can be a bit more tricking depending on the fill. There was a recent post of this subject that a simple search should turn up.

While I am not certain this is the fill your engineer uses, it should be close.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha Erich,
Thank you for your suggestion and the offer of the Conc.aat file. I am not sure what to do with the Conc.aat file.
While I was trying to figure out what to do with an AAT file I opened a new clean ArchiCAD project and discovered a fill called Concrete Random which is exactly the concrete fill that I was looking for as well as an earth fill that is perfect too.
I am a little embarrassed to have asked for the fills when they were right here in front of me. I had looked for the fills and asked two of my CAD guys for it so I assumed that it wasn't here. I neglegected to just open a fresh copy of ArchiCAD and look there. In the end it was your suggestion that got me to do it so thank you.
Aloha,
John

BTW What program works with an AAT file?
Barry Kelly
johncassel wrote:
Archicad

It is an attribute file.
You can use the Attribute Manager to open it and then APPEND them into you PLN.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Rod Jurich
Contributor
johncassel wrote:
/.....
G'day John, ArchiCAD opens aat files.
See attached. The Attribute Manager is your friend,
or it can also be your enemy

Quick as ever Barry
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry and Rod,
I tried opening the Conc.aat with Attribute Manager but got an error message (see below).
Is it the file or a version incomparability. I'm using ArchiCAD 11.

I'm trying to make friends with the Attribute Manager. Seems like a super handy feature.
Thank you,
John
Barry Kelly
If the attribute file was created in version 12 (or newer) then it can't be opened in version 11.
Older files can be opened in newer version though.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Rod Jurich
Contributor
johncassel wrote:
/.. I'm using ArchiCAD 11.
John, attached saved out of my 11 template. Rename it as you see fit.
Rod Jurich
Rod Jurich
Contributor
......... and the image 1:100 at 100%
Rod Jurich