Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

corner windows acting funny

Aime
Newcomer
I seem to be having problems using the corner windows. In some cases when I apply the corner windows to a corner there still remains a residue of the wall. In order cases the corner windows apply correctly but when I adjust either side ie. increase the length a bit of the wall appears at the tip of the corner. The walls are 90 degrees to each other. I also noticed a bit of the wall appearing depending on the placement of the window with regards to the wall thickness. I have searched the forum and have not found any satisfactory solution. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you seen the light?
AC 12, AC14, win 7, Hp pavillion dv6 2.4Ghz, 4gb Ram
13 REPLIES 13
Aime
Newcomer
I either use the arrow tool to select or select through the corner tool. when initially placed no problem. But when stretched beyond a certain (unknown) length it unhinges and leaves the wall residue. I suspect the nearer it is stretched towards another corner or touches another corner then this effect occurs. That seems to be the only explanation so far. I have replicated this so many times that i believe it is a bug (I maybe wrong). I use AC12 int build 2782 full. Please see the attached screen shots
cornerwindow3.JPG
Have you seen the light?
Aime
Newcomer
and this too
Have you seen the light?
Aime
Newcomer
the result
Have you seen the light?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can see now what you mean.
True, if the stretch goes beyond the intersection point of the Wall with the third Wall on the left then the Corner Window unattaches from its pair.

But I would say this is more of a technological limitation resulting from the way Walls are.
Can you play around with the Reference Lines of the Walls concerned?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27