Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

disappearing numbers in dimension markers...

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
i'm experiencing the following problem: when placing dimension markers on doors and windows with AC10 and AC10 library, the numbers and id's of doors and windows often disappear. To make them appear again i have to 1) reload the library 2) rebuild the view 3) go to the layout and update the drawing
what have i done to deserve this???

Picture 1.jpg
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Achille wrote:
i'm experiencing the following problem: when placing dimension markers on doors and windows with AC10 and AC10 library, the numbers and id's of doors and windows often disappear...
Are you using the latest build of archicad? I believe this was addresed in build 1010

Dan K
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
really???
i'm using AC10 build 1010 INT on a PowerPc G5 mac
Anonymous
Not applicable
Achille wrote:
really???
i'm using AC10 build 1010 INT on a PowerPc G5 mac
Sorry, but I was referring to labels not showing up in section and elevation views...I was thinking it might also apply to markers in plan views...guess not.

Dan K
__archiben
Booster
Achille wrote:
... what have i done to deserve this???
nothing - you just haven't read up about your 'model view options' dialogue.

model view options control the display and output of model elements. things like fill visibility, wall hatch control . . . and door and window ID markers! these 'model view options' get saved with your views - so if you open a view where these have been turned OFF, they disappear!

you shouldn't need to re-load your libraries: simply double-clicking on your saved views where these markers are present will bring them back.

look at View>Model View Options to see what's going on. this is a hugely powerful and useful feature when set up correctly. it also has a whole host of future potential . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
ok - looks like i might have sold you a dummy there. i hadn't noticed that the markers were showing but that it was the text information that was disappearing . . .

is this happening in the floor plan window, or a layout window . . . or both?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
is this happening in the floor plan window, or a layout window . . . or both?

both... the annoying thing is that when i open the file the layout appears correctly with the text in the dimension markers... then it automatically updates and the text disappears! Then i have to reload libraries, rebuild the floor plan and update the view in the layout...

the local reseller to whom i have sent the file says it opens ok at his computer...
__archiben
Booster
is the text pen mapped to white in any of your pensets, causing it to seemingly 'disappear' against a white background?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
@archiben: no it wasn't...

the problem has been solved after uninstalling Archicad, and re-installing it again... now it works ok. Apparently the first installation was not good.