Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

exploding a polyline?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
It's a simple question. How can I explode a polyline into simple lines in Archicad ? Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
Search results:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/results.html?q=explode%20polyline
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply. In one of the discussions one says the command is EXPLODE into current view. I posted the question precisely because nothing seems to happen to my polyline after this command.
Karl Ottenstein
Works fine. You must select the polyline before issuing the command. I tested in 16 since that is the version listed in your signature/profile.

The thread you mention is this one:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=207127#207127

Please add to an existing thread if the issue is the same subject, rather than starting a fresh thread. It makes it much easier for others to find an answer in the future. 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right. From now on I will add to existing threads. In the mean time, I tried again exploding and it doesn't work. I am missing sth.
Barry Kelly
See Karl's image.
Tick the box to "keep primitives only" otherwise you will still have the original polyline as well as the individual lines hiding underneath.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did and it's not working.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a shot in the dark but grouping is what I think of first when a command won't work where it should so you could try suspending groups by pressing ALT+G. I doubt it but maybe.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The shot in the dark solves the issue. That was it, indeed.