Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how do make construction details more realistic?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to figure out how to make sections or 3d cutaways more detailed?
Like showing the joists, wall structure and window jambs more realistic?
see pictures attached one shows a simple detail the other is what i want to look like?
Can you help please?

Capture wall detail.JPG
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
what it should look like as an example.. this in 3d but would like to know how to get this much detail.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, I don't know if this is the answer you are expecting or not but it will be as detailed as you model it.
When you see a very detailed 3D cutaway, that is because the model is that detailed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for getting in touch.

I detailed the ICF wall structure but its only showing a plain hatch when i used concrete and insulation.

i changed the settings on the section line but this didn't work.

I cant find any tutorial anywhere how to make these details look more realistic.

Would you know where i could get help on this.

Thanks again
Anonymous
Not applicable
@DerryP

If you want to achieve this kind of result you need to model your construction in ArchiCad, then you need to export your model to some external render software. There you will need to adjust textures, lightning and everything else needed. After that you render image and get photo-realistic results...

last thing that you have to know is that you will loose probably same amount of time adjusting textures and lightning in render software compared to modeling or even more....

More time invested in adjusting textures and lightning will result in better results.

Check out this quick render as example...

Same model, different textures and lightning...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
@DerryP

If you want to achieve this kind of result you need to model your construction in ArchiCad, then you need to export your model to some external render software. There you will need to adjust textures, lightning and everything else needed. After that you render image and get photo-realistic results...
Yes, the guy at GS Marketing Department who produced this clip DarryP showed a screenshot of told me it was done in Cinema 4D.

But if you cut in with a 3D Cutting plane, the cut surfaces should be generated using the OpenGL Engine in 3D.
However, OpenGL is not available in Section/Elevation and 3D Document Viewpoints. If you want to create an orthogonal cut like shown in the first screenshot, you should do it in the 3D Window.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Another thing you can do to get better quality images for the 3D views you want to save as a View to be placed as some point in a Layout is to change the Display settings in the 3D window to something much larger, then save that view. When you make is smaller to on the Layout is will look much better than the default.

I would like to thank Dennis Lee for reminding me of that a few days ago when I was wanting to know where the settings are to make better quality images for my 3D views. You may find that this will be adequate for images you though you needed to render.
2014-04-23_16-11-57.jpg

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
he asked why his fills a re shown as simple (solid) while he is using concrete etc fills.
you should look at your model view options to see if overrides for fills are turned on.