cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

make the line straight without having to press shift ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, is there any way to make the line stable straight orthognal without i have to press on shift keyboard like for example autocad i press f8 or ortho indication then the line straight without i have to press on shift continously please help
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Yes. Turn on Guide Lines. Details in the Help file.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
i think i am turning on guide lines from the first but this does not make the line straight without have to press shift the image is shown i am turning it on
1.jpg
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Ahmed,

Karl just beat me to it as I was getting my post ready, but here goes anyway:

When turned on, guide lines will appear on screen that your cursor will snap to when close enough to them. You can customize it to only accept 90 degree increments. See image below and check the ArchiCAD Help file.
Guide Lines.jpg
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Karl Ottenstein
(And, of course, there's the really old-fashioned way of locking coordinates. If you display the Coordinates Palette (Windows > Palettes), you can lock any coordinate by pressing alt-letter. E.g., pressing alt-Y locks the Y value so that only horizontal lines can be drawn, or alt-A to lock the angle, etc.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you all for the help you provided