BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

missing menu

RandyC
Advocate
does anyone know where I can find this menu ? it is not showing under "file"
nor does it show in Work Environment - is it only available on Mac ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
18 REPLIES 18
Erich
Contributor
The "Save Selection As" menu is only four commands long. Do you have the commands themselves? (Look in the All Commands in Alphabetical Order" from the List toggle. If so, building a four command menu and adding it to your WE is a matter or a minute or two at most.

If you are missing both the menu as well as the commands that is something different.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
RandyC
Advocate
i was missing all of the commands - none were available --
I am in the process of rebuilding my work environment
one thing I notice is that Archicad 18 does not allow individual commands in the menu bar ( I have been importing my environment with each upgrade and adding any new commands ) and my old menu had several individual commands(not menu's).
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Erich
Contributor
By not having the commands do you mean "Cabinet Door", "Curtain Wall Cap"....
Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 7.59.37 PM.png
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Erich
Contributor
If so, you want this command shown in the attached image.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
RandyC
Advocate
I had none of the commands ---
I also did not have the "save selection as " menu

I am now rebuilding my environment so I do not want to go back.
however I can send you a link (or graphisoft) that contains my old
work environment - then you can see that these commands, menus do
not exist.
I believe it happened from moving my environment from version to version without doing a complete rebuild.
Erich
Contributor
In the last image notice that the "No CC Subtypes" is the command that adds all the others ("Cabinet Door", "Curtain Wall Cap".... etc.) that appear in the "Save Selection As" Menu. They do not appear separately in the command list.

Transferring your old WE may mean that the menu is not visible or just does not exist, but the command "No CC Subtypes" should still appear under the "All Commands in Alphabetical Order" list. That list is independent of the WE applied. You can see it in both columns in the previous image.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
RandyC
Advocate
Thank you Erich ! I was able to find the commands by following your instructions
I had to create a new "save selection as" and "library" menu then add the command "no CC subtypes " (not sure what this command means)
success !!

Erich
Contributor
Glad I eventually helped!

Yeah, "No CC Subtypes" is not especially descriptive is it.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This topic shows that when editing Menus we could use a Copy Menu/Paste Menu functionality. In that case you could have just copied the "Save Selection As" menu from the Standard Profile and pasted it into your other profile.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!