Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

modify contextual menu

Aussie John
Newcomer
Any ideas on how to edit the contextual (right click) menu ( it used to have the elevate command but no longer does)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This has been discussed at length before mate. Try a search - you'll be able to dig it up somewhere. Involves a registry hack AFAIR.

Cheers,
Link.
Aussie John
Newcomer
Thanks Link- but editing the registry isnt much use on a Mac
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sure it is:

Open the com.graphisoft.AC 9.0.0 USA v1.plist in [user's home folder]/Library/Preferences folder with your favorite text editor, and after the <key>ShowContextMenuTabPage</key> element change the </false> value to </true>

Then you will see the Context Menus appear in your Options>Work Environment dialog, under Command Schemes. The above methods can also be achieved for PlotMaker, but as always it is a good idea to back up your registry before making any changes to it.

Cheers,
Link.
In the com.graphisoft.AC 9.0.0 USA v1.plist preference file there's a key for WorkEnvironment/ShowContextMenuTabPage. Flip it to true and you can edit the context menus in Work Environment. I use a free utility called Pref Setter which is quite pleasant. You can quickly find keys Finder-style. I finally got the special menu turned on this way; I couldn't find it with both hands and a flashlight with the Apple dev tool.

This is a good time to say to everyone: If you don't know what I'm talking about, leave it alone. When editing things you're not supposed to edit, you can't complain if something breaks. Also back up your stuff, prefs and Work Environment. Be prepared to retreat if something goes haywire.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
TomWaltz
Participant
Ummm..... you think they could have had a FEW more difference context menus???. GEEZZ!!!!
Tom Waltz
TomWaltz wrote:
you think they could have had a FEW more difference context menus???
It's hilarious. I think this might explain why that key defaults to </false>.

I was trying to trick it into offering 'Open Section/Elevation' when other elements are selected along with S/E's. That's always bugged me. Haven't figured it out yet.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Aladar Kish
Contributor
Thanks James - I think you've set me on the right track for my PM scaled pens issue.
AC 4.2 - AC 24 7006 FRA
mac OS 11.6.7