cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

no tabs

heathldesign
Expert
I don't seem to have the option to turn on tabs. the manual says to go to >window>turn tabs on, off but i don't have this option at all. it also says that tabs are on by default, but i've never seen them. i am on the latest build of AC on a mac running yosemite.
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC27 5030 Apple Silicon USA
9 REPLIES 9
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The Help guide presumes you are using the standard out of the box work environment. You probably are using a migrated work environment, therefore you need to either add these new AC19 commands - Show/Hide Tab Bar I think the command is called when you are customising your menus, or switch to the Standard work environment.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
heathldesign
Expert
now i have the option under "window" but the show tab bar option is greyed out. i tried to open different views but they open without tabs and show tab bar remains greyed out
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It would help if you can post a screenshot.
James Badcock
David Maudlin
Rockstar
heathldesign:

There is another command, Legacy Window Mode (Options > Work Environment > Legacy Window Mode in the Standard Profile 19), that needs to be unchecked for the Show Tab Bar to be available.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
heathldesign
Expert
i'm becoming very frustrated. I do not have any legacy heading under options>window. all the instructions say to go there but i must have turned this off somewhere too.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
As mentioned earlier, you should try using the Standard Work Environment, because it seems like you've migrated your Work Environments and not added the new commands.
James Badcock
heathldesign
Expert
ya. i've given up on my own work environment. i'll just make do with the standard.
thanks for your help
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
And then this should appear.
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 18.10.35.png
James Badcock
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
heathldesign wrote:
ya. i've given up on my own work environment. i'll just make do with the standard.
thanks for your help
You don't have to give up just good to have your WE next to a version with the Standard WE to compare.

If you go to WE (work environment settings) under "Menus" you can see "All new commands in alphabetical order".
James Badcock