cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

off set

Anonymous
Not applicable
can ArchiCAD do Offset just like AutoCAD?
20 REPLIES 20
TomWaltz
Participant
yes.

User Guide Volume 2, Page 29,
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
could you teach me how to use ArchiCAD to do offset? Thank you!
Djordje
Ace
ashley wrote:
could you teach me how to use ArchiCAD to do offset? Thank you!
TomWaltz wrote:
User Guide Volume 2, Page 29,
See above
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
ashley wrote:
Actually, no. ArchiCAD can do offsets, but it's not "just like AutoCAD". ArchiCAD doesn't offset existing objects, it will only offset the object you are currently drawing.

I find this method very annoying compared to AutoCAD's method. There are a lot of instances I have run into where the polyline I want to offset can't be drawn in one shot, so I wind up building the polyline using the Unify command. Then I have to start another polyline, use the magic wand to trace what I already built, then give the offset distance. Once the new polyline is drawn, I then have to erase the first one. So it winds up taking five time longer than it would have in AutoCAD.
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
ashley wrote:
Actually, no. ArchiCAD can do offsets, but it's not "just like AutoCAD". ArchiCAD doesn't offset existing objects, it will only offset the object you are currently drawing.
Depends on what you do. It can do this, OR create a new object based on the existing one. What exactly do you want to do?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Jay wrote:
ashley wrote:
Depends on what you do. It can do this, OR create a new object based on the existing one. What exactly do you want to do?
I would like to be able to offset an existing polyline. There are situations where the polyline has existed for days, but today I need to offset it by some distance. The only solution I could see was to aquire the polyline settings with the syringe, then redraw the polyline using the magic wand and the offset, then erase the original. If there is a way to just offset the existing original, that would be much easier.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay,

Just click a node and chose the offset icon in the pet palette. See below.
offset polyline.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am retarded. I repent in dust and ashes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for all of the help. It's good to know, because I am stuck with my curve line offset. It's impossible for me to draw same space in curve line. Thank you!