Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

quick substitution of objects?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello all,

I have a file modeled with AC10 that I opened in AC11. Needless to say that I needed to load the 10 library in order to see the objects.
Is there a nice and quick way to substitute all AC10 objects by their AC11 counterparts?
I am currently doing it manually since it is a fairly small building, but I want to be prepared if I come across a similar problem with a bigger one.

Thanks in advance
Joaquim
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
The option is to load the current AC library (AC11 in your case) with the ACxx migration library (AC10).
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon,

I've done that already. but I still need to change tham manually, right? And there's no way that I can define, for instance, to change all Window casement windows from AC10 to AC11 and keep the rest of the parameters settings, is there?

joaquim
Anonymous
Not applicable
there is no need to change them, that is the main point of loading the sub library

actually you can reed about sub library in ArchicadWiki , but for some reason I can't load the page right now, either it is down, or some problem with my connection

http://www.archicadwiki.com/
Anonymous
Not applicable
How about using find and select in the 3d window to select all the identical instances of the object (they would need to be identical in size), then 'injecting' the parameters into the equivalent AC11 part within the library part dialog box.

Of course they may have updated or changed the parameter names between versions, but try it and see - you may be lucky!