cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

save as bmp, jpg, png, tiff with marquee-tool

alemanda
Advocate
Is it possible to save part of the archicad workspace (plan, section, worksheet, etc.) as bitmap (bmp, jpg, png, tiff) using the marquee tool? I mean only the area inside the marquee-tool?
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Not idea is its possible but what I usually do is print to PDF the selected marquee area, for PNGs I usually take a screen shot.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know of a way, but it requires an additional step. If you have a PDF printer installed which can save to PNG, just use that. If not, you can get PDFCreator for free.

Select with marquee tool, go to file > print. Choose PDFCreator as your printer and print. Once the PDFCreator dialog box comes up, choose "PNG" under "profile" and click save. Enter filename and location and you're done.

note: to make sure you get good resolution PNGs, use large paper size, for some reason the dpi option isn't working on my machine. you can get really high resolution PNGs, something the print-screen just can't match. You can use this method to get a PNG from any program which has the ability to print.
PDFCreator.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oops, forgot to mention the formats you can save to with PDFCreator.
PDFCreator-formats.png
alemanda
Advocate
Thanks. Very useful!
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
Barry Kelly
I would just use one of the many screen capture programs.

There is also a Registry key (for Windows machines - there will be something similar on a Mac) that will place whatever you copy into the windows clipboard.

See this post...

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17384

It won't save it as a BMP or JPG but will allow you to paste the image anywhere you want - i.e. in an e-mails or Word document.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11