Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

troublesome disappearing window/ door markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there...new strangeness.
My window and door markers, which were once visible in all Views, are no longer appearing in ANY Views. However, they DO appear in the Layout Book, even after updating a layout. Further, if I click with care, I can select a marker in a View, and confirm that it is to appear in a visible pen style, and that it is at the front in display order. This all might be OK were it not for the unseemly habit of the markers to change location on the windows/ doors without my authorization. Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions or thoughts on what is going on?
Thanks in advance,
John
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Zobi wrote:
My window and door markers, which were once visible in all Views, are no longer appearing in ANY Views. However, they DO appear in the Layout Book, even after updating a layout. Further, if I click with care, I can select a marker in a View, and confirm that it is to appear in a visible pen style, and that it is at the front in display order. This all might be OK were it not for the unseemly habit of the markers to change location on the windows/ doors without my authorization. Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions or thoughts on what is going on?
Thanks in advance,
John
Are you sure your Plan display options are correct? Are you changing the views by clicking on the saved views or in the Project map?

If they show in the layouts, that means that your display options are OK, but that you are changing the views so that they are not showing.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
Zobi wrote:
are you using proper door/window markers (from within the door/window tools), or are you using the label tool to automatically place 'markers'?

there is an issue with auto-placed labels that do make them disappear in sect/elev windows - yet mine were still showing on the layouts. they also move themselves around sometimes . . .

of course, the issue could be as simple as incorrect model view options combined with scale changes? can you post a screenshot?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
Thanks for your thoughtful replies. My intent was to get to the office, transfer the files from my laptop to the desktop here, and set to work, systematically testing your suggestions. HOWEVER, once I transferred the files and opened them here, I discovered the MARKERS HAD RETURNED, albeit in funny places. See attached jpeg for the funny places. I don't know what could have caused this; low memory? Slower CPU? Ever seen anything like that?
John
TomWaltz
Participant
My bet would be either a different library was loaded or the two machines have different service packs of Archicad installed.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good thought. I'll check it out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Turns out, neither machine was running the 1010 fix; both had the same library. I updated both with the patch, and now the markers are working.
Many thanks, as always...!
John