Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wall to fence

Rakela Raul
Participant
if i have a wall ,,,,,,
i should be able to convert to fence, including options for fence style, and if a door, gate styles also.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rakela wrote:
....i think that a fence i just a type of wall and it is part of the everyday design matter and should be part of the wall options and not separated in pieces....
I disagree...a fence is not necessarily "just a type of wall." the only thing a fence really has in common with a wall is that they typically occur in the vertical plane.

There are may types of fences...chainlink, stockade, rail, etc. each of these types have their on unique charcteristics for for spacing, material and behaviour. These unique characteristics require specific parameters to control. At best, a fence could be implemented via a wall accesory that uses an appropriately designed "fence.gsm" to place what you require.

Furthermore, a fence is more of a site feature than it is a building component...it's not suprising that Graphisoft hasn't developed it in their core architectural software.

If you can make a stong enough case of why something like this is necessary...strong enough that decent percentage of ArchiCAD users would actually purchase it...a 3rd party developer might spend the time necessary to create it. If the demand is strong enough, a 3rd party developer could probably justify the time he would have to invest to develop it and offer it for an affordable price.
Rakela Raul
Participant
agree
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16