BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 27 Schedules - all design options in one schedule

DianaCz
Contributor

Hello,

Recently started working in Archicad 27. I am trying to compare all design options created in one project by their floor area (I'm working with slabs). However, as schedule has its own design option set attached to it, it filters selected options and hide all others in schedule. I didn't find a way to turn on several design options in a group and save them as a set with all options on or any way to make schedule independent from any specific design option set. Is it impossible to do or I am just missing the solution? Maybe there are other mays to compare quantities of different design options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

No, schedules are defined in terms of view settings and can thus only show one option combination and in turn only one option per set. GS justification for this is to avoid user confusion but even for moderate users the limitations becomes obvious. The advised workaround is to create one schedule view for each relevant design option - which of course is ridiculous and a pain to do.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

No, schedules are defined in terms of view settings and can thus only show one option combination and in turn only one option per set. GS justification for this is to avoid user confusion but even for moderate users the limitations becomes obvious. The advised workaround is to create one schedule view for each relevant design option - which of course is ridiculous and a pain to do.

thesleepofreason, thank you for your answer. Hopefully, a change regarding this will find its way in later versions of Archicad.

poco2013
Mentor

OR FYI: You could simply create  a short Python script and a external python spreadsheet then copy/paste that back into Archicad as a image. This also is a pain to do but only needs done once but would also require manual updates.

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Learn and get certified!