BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Attribute Management

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know of a utility for managing software ID's within Archicad?

I have been grappling with project files which should have the same attributes but users have either added or removed some elements from various parts of the attributes set. In particular composites are an issue. If the software ID gets out of sync between two files, overwriting the attributes can cause all sorts of havoc and you don't know where it's going to occur. Even a utility that identifies software ID differences between files would be good as this would at least identify what I'd be looking for.

I know a project wide standard attribute set is ideal but invariably there are changes you don't expect people to do and you still have to deal with them. The attribute manager does show some of the ID's but I need to manage them between multiple files so a comparitive list or even an editor if there is one would make life more consistent.

Cheers
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
You don't expect the words "nerd" and "rampage" to appear in a sentence together.

But then it seems like "Nerd Rampage" might be a good name for a band.
[cymbals, accordion and tuba] And it would have been, but they called themselves "The Bare Naked Ladies" instead.
Dwight Atkinson
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
[cymbals, accordion and tuba] And it would have been, but they called themselves "The Bare Naked Ladies" instead.
No, they are called The Kransky Sisters

http://www.thekranskysisters.com/
::rk
Learn and get certified!