Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How to change the decimals # at zones area calculation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello , i do not know where to change the decimals number in arhicad 13 when using zones's area calculation . I have been searching for this option at zone's settings and at project preferences but didn't find it . Can you please help?
8 REPLIES 8
Srinivas
Booster
You can change it here.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i have changed that , and it still won't work (
Eduardo Rolon
You have to update your view set. This setting is stored like layer combination.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
what is a view set? how to get to it?
Eduardo Rolon
That is a very basic question that is very difficult to answer, I recommend reading the Help file for the correct answer and procedure.

Basically every drawing in AC is defined by certain parameters, the way to define them is to create different views settings for each.

If I have a view were the decimals are set to 0 and another which has the decimals at 2, then clicking on one will set the decimal places to its matching settings. If I change the settings to 4 decimal places and then click the view that has the setting @ 0 then AC will not show me 4 decimals it will show zero.
___

The icon for the view sets is the third one from left to right at the top of the Navigator.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
MendoPermaculture
Contributor

Hello!

May I revive the original question? I too cannot change the # of decimals in the zone stamp calculated area. I have updated my Project Preferences - Calculation Units & Rules.

I cannot find any sort of View Setting that will make the zone stamp change to 0 decimal places for square feet of calculated area...

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 9.57.34 AM.png

AC 27amp;
2021 MacBook Pro 16" 32GB Apple M1 Max
MacOS Ventura 13.6.2

Found it! You have to click on the "Area Calculations" icon under "Project Preferences > Dimensions", and either overwrite your dimensions, or keep a custom dimension setting for that view.

Hope this helps someone someday....

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.02.27 AM.png

AC 27amp;
2021 MacBook Pro 16" 32GB Apple M1 Max
MacOS Ventura 13.6.2