Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Morph listing parameters issues

Cardiac
Contributor

Hope you are good community 

I just wanted to know how to classify morphs as beams so that I can schedule them for height width and length because It looks like the morphs do not have this option for listing heights and lengths.

Thanks and I will be grateful.

7 REPLIES 7
Cardiac
Contributor

Barry sorry for interference 

How do I classify a morph into a beam so that I can schedule it for length width and height

🙏 

Thanks man

Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Hi @Cardiac 

Because of the main purpose of Morph tool is modeling whatever in a free way, it can be difficult to determine its individual dimensions. But there could be a quite painful workaround using Classifications (Ex: beam, column, object, etc.) and create custom Properties (Ex: morph_width, morph_lenght, morph_height, etc.) so you could manually populate them to be included in a schedule.

😕

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation

@Cardiac wrote:

Barry sorry for interference 

How do I classify a morph into a beam so that I can schedule it for length width and height

You can classify a morph as a beam, but it will still not have a length and width.

Ricardo has suggested you can add properties for these, which you can.

You will also have to fill in the value of these properties manually for every morph and amend them if you modify the morph.

They will not list in a schedule as the same length and width fields as an actual beam, you will have to add the length and width properties of the morphs as fields as well.

So the beams and morphs will still list separately.

Why do you need a morph as a beam?

Why not just use an actual beam?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry 

I need a morph as a beam or column because 

For example I need to do the slanted legs of the certain stool with chamfered edges. First will use the slanted column then I convert the column to morphs so that I can chamfer the edges of that column 

So when I convert that column to morphs I loose the listing parameters like lengths and width of that column I changed into a morph. So to get these parameters may be I should classify that morph into a column again.

I wanted to know this because I can use those parameters to determine the number of timber used for that leg of a stool

Thank you sir for your explanations I appreciate 🙏🙏🙏

You can classify a morph as a beam or a column, but it will never be a beam or column, it is still a morph.

You can use a complex profile for the column.

This will allow you to chamfer fillet the corners.

Unfortunately you will see lines for the chamfer fillet and at small sizes the radius will be very segmented.

Edit: with a chamfer you will want to see the edge lines.

With a fillet you won't see nice round curves and you will see the edges of the curves as they blend into the straight surface (which you probably don't want).

BarryKelly_0-1723083567520.png

BarryKelly_1-1723083590224.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi @Cardiac 

As @Barry Kelly said, you can create a complex profile and schedule its dimensions. Just a tip for slanted columns: use 3D Length instead of Heigth. See example below.

Regards

RicardoLopez_0-1723126857880.png

RicardoLopez_1-1723126884135.png

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation