Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Schedule running in totals to the right

johanSR
Booster

Hi all.

I would just like to know if anyone had experience in creating a schedule like this before?

I would like to have the amounts next to descriptions, per floor, and then a total of each item at the end... As per the pic.

Operating system used: Windows 11

image.png

21 REPLIES 21
Mathias Jonathan
Advocate

@Laszlo Nagy   The official Quantity works here.

@johanSR You need to have a column for each level/story property if you want the result in reference. You can't use the home story name for this kind of result. I don't understand the Classification part, did you create a classification for each story? You only need to make the properties available to the elements you want to schedule.

johanSR
Booster

I think I might not be as clever as you guys... 😉

This is way too complicated for me...

I added those properties under the property manager. I thought you would need to add it to a classification to be able to reference it?

johanSR
Booster

Urghhhhh.

Just as I replied I got the structure correct!!!

Now I just need the values to show up...

johanSR_0-1728309148642.png

Mathias Jonathan
Advocate

My mistake, the classification seems good.

You need to have 1 story property for 1 column and then the Quantity at the end. The pameters for each column is to help you concatenate the value on on line.

It looks like that your element don't have the correct classification to access the property.

johanSR
Booster

It's showing a value, but it seems to be different all around and not the correct values.

johanSR_0-1728311035520.png

johanSR_2-1728312020880.png

They are assigned to a classification though...

Mathias Jonathan
Advocate

The "---" result is clearly a non accessed property problem.

Check each "---" value by selecting the element in the schedule then using the "select in 2D" schedule command

If you want to have everything on the same line (as it is in your example), you can remove the flag

Thanks!
I'll check those objects for the classification...
But why are some objects showing 0, when there are more than that?

Solution
Mathias Jonathan
Advocate

Because for each story property, you have to modify the formula: for example:

IF(Home Story Number = 4;1;0) for the fourth floor,

IF(Home Story Number = 5;1;0) for the fifth floor...

You wrote the same formula for each story, so the property verify if the object is in the ground floor each time

Thanks Mathias!!!

That did the trick. Everything is working perfectly!!

Setup info provided by author