Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

printing layers

rgarand
Booster
How do I print a list of layers in my template? I can print a list of layer combination settings...I would just like a complete list of what layers are within my file.

Any thoughts?

TIA
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
6 REPLIES 6
__archiben
Booster
1. make a layer combination that shows all layers.

2. make sure that it is at the top of the list (call it " 00 show all" or something.

3. print 'page 1 to 1' (or 2 or 3 - depends on how many layers you have)

4. look at the gobbldygook that it churns out if you are using a mac and wonder why you bothered.

5. get biro and paper . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make a temporary layer combination called something like "! All Layers" with all layers visible. This will print at the top of the layer list on the first one or two pages (depending on how many layers you have). The exclamation point puts it at the top of the list.

If you want the list as a text file, print to PDF and copy/paste the list into Word, Excel, etc.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You could also try printing from Attribute Manager - much less goobilygook from my experience!

Cheers,
Link.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Attribute manger prints a tab separated text file that can be opened in Excel.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Silly me, I've been doing it so long the other way I just plum forgot about Attribute Manager. It is the better method. The tab delimited part is great as it saves a trip through a text editor before moving into Excel.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
You could also try printing from Attribute Manager - much less goobilygook from my experience!

Cheers,
Link.
absolutely perfect! this forum is awesome and i usually get all my questions answered if i can just find the post! Attribute Manager worked perfect - printed a list of our layers - thanks again