Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

wrong order printing layers from layer settings box

Erika Epstein
Booster
When I create a layer setup for a firm or am using someone else's file I print the layers from the layer settings box. I Make a pdf which I can notate or print. I start by having the first layer combination have all layers so the first layer combination listed is a list of all the layers.

In the last iteration or so when I print this, the layers in the pdf or printed directly to my several printers changes the order of the layers within each layer combination. They are now listed in the [numeric] order that each layer was created. This is not very useful. Like elements such as wall.int, wall.ext, wall.site etc are now not grouped alphabetically by layer name as I would like and expect.

The screenshot shows the layer settings box on the right and the pdf printed version on the left.

I've checked both my machines, a dell XP3 and mactel mbp on leopard with same results.

Why isn't it printing to pdf or hard copy correctly, as it used to?
Any thoughts on how to fix this or a workaround if it's not just me?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Djordje
Thanks for the Open Office tip.
However I have M.S. Office just never got into excel that much.
About 7 yrs ago I dove in and made a simple 2 page job expense tracking spread sheet, but have long since forgotten whatever I learned back then.
Maybe some day again, but right now;
toooo many programs, soooo little time:-(((((
Take care.
Be Safe out there.
lec