BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 11 and XP x64

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi all, Could someone who is using AC 11 on XP x64 with a Nvidia card tell me your version of card drivers that are working successfully for you. I'm using 94.24 and my drop down menu's are disappearing behind floor plan window. Thanks
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using 93.81 and don't have any problems...
KeesW
Advocate
I am waiting to receive AC11. We are now running on XP64 and propose to immediately change to Vista 64 when we get the upgrade. Is this a good idea? Are there any snags with Vista 64 and AC11?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi Kees, Can you play VR movies made in AC 10 with Quicktime 7? I haven't been able to in AC 10 or 11. According to Apple NZ and this link http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303879 Quicktime 7 is not supported on any 64 bit OS even Apples OS according to Apple NZ. They haven't yet released a version. They play ok when I transfer them to XP x32.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi Kees, Can you play VR movies made in AC 10 with Quicktime 7? I haven't been able to in AC 10 or 11. According to Apple NZ and this link http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303879 Quicktime 7 is not supported on any 64 bit OS even Apples OS according to Apple NZ. They haven't yet released a version. They play ok when I transfer them to XP x32.
Paul King
Advisor
Hi - with very latest graphic drivers, AC11 works on Vista 64 - but OpenGL performance still sucks quite badly for ArchiCAD and pretty much anything else - both speed and quality suffer, even on a high end machine. WinXP 64 is significantly better for OpenGL

Cheers
KeesW wrote:
I am waiting to receive AC11. We are now running on XP64 and propose to immediately change to Vista 64 when we get the upgrade. Is this a good idea? Are there any snags with Vista 64 and AC11?
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi, Just further to my problem I changed to a Quadro FX 560 with latest drivers and still getting screen problems. Nearly unusable. see screen shot. Any suggestions
Screen3.JPG
Paul King
Advisor
I suspect you may need to bite the bullet & either switch to an Ati card (Is it too late to return your NVidia, based on non performance under Vista?), or for best results switch to XP64

Depends how patient you are - it could be many months before a usable Vista driver emerges, assuming one eventually does (ArchiCAD is likely not on the list of applications that drivers are tested under)

Just to check the obvious though - as a test, you could try a fresh install of Vista on another partition, and install drivers from scratch, and thus test ArchiCAD OpenGL performance under a "virgin" environment
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi Paul, I am using XP x64. Also AC 11 dose this on a XP x32 machine.AC 10 dose work on XP x64 but it also has a display problem of the screen blinks all the time, when editing mostly, in both XP x64 and x32 with Nvidia cards and ATI cards. I have never had a stable (screen wise) AC 10 or now AC 11. AC 9 was always trouble free, so haven't been impressed with the last two releases for me anyway. It is very annoying having to use AC with these issues. Don't know why and have run out of ideas. I thought the Quadro might have solved it with a different sort of driver but no change. Anyone with any suggestions or at least seen this behavior before?
Paul King
Advisor
Firstly, what CPU are you using ?
How much RAM?
Can you play new 3D games without problems?
Do you have an onboard vidio card on your motherboard, and is this safely disabled in bios?

Hard to know what is causing your problem without seeing this "blinking" and what you are doing when it happens, but typical troubleshooting steps I would use in this sort of situation:

Update your motherboard bios.
Then make a clean install of windows XP64, then install latest downloaded motherboard drivers and graphic card drivers, then install ArchiCAD - nothing else at this stage

If you still get blinking etc, then you may have a dodgy motherboard or faulty PCIe bus
Learn and get certified!