Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC21 MacOS High Sierra Performance Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently upgraded my OS to High Sierra and since then I have experienced a significant performance problem when editing text labels - stretching the text box, moving the pointer, mirroring, etc. Each time a command such as these is activated, Archicad 'times out' with a spinning pinwheel cursor for several seconds before the command is activated.
Needless to say, this is very frustrating and greatly affecting my productivity.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does your problem fit into any of the "known" issues" detailed on this page?:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/operating-systems/macos-10-13-high-sierra/

If not, then maybe this is something GS is not aware of, in which case we will need to report it to them.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your prompt response.
I checked the 'known issues' for High Sierra before upgrading and considered them generally not applicable to my circumstance, and so I upgraded.

The problem I am having is not described under any of the 'known issues' listed on Graphisoft's website. Perhaps we do need to report it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help in this regard.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I will report it to GRAPHISOFT and they might contact you if they need more specific information about the issue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this issue too and found that turning off the Ultra-safe option under work environment>data safety and integrity fixed it. The Safe option means you might lose 5 minutes work, but much quicker than Ultra safe.

I was hoping to find something about Teamwork issues as I am finding teamwork operations very slow
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestion Mark.
I had previously tried changing the frequency of the autosave, but it made no difference to problems I was having.

However the problem seems to have 'fixed itself' - perhaps this happened in the last MacOS update?? (about 5 days ago). I don't know. I haven't changed anything myself but the delays I was experiencing seem to be gone. Yay!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again

the workaround mentioned here:click me! (renaming the autosave folder) works a treat - sorted out all my slow teamwork issues.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I updated to High Sierra and AC21 a few days ago and I am having this problem as well. My reseller said he had another client that updated their video card driver and it fixed the problem. I called my local Mac store and they said it is not something you update, so I'm quite confused now and not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you. Matthew Beardsley
Anonymous
Not applicable
After appearing to correct itself this problem returned, much to my disappointment...

I have just tried the 'rename the autosave file location' workaround - seems to have fixed the problem - hopefully for good!

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark.