BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Crash when saving pdf

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

My problem is when i try to publish pdf at one particular layout it crashes all archicad.

I don't know why now even when i open archicad it crashes instantly after opening.

I send report to graphisoft and this is the id: AC21-2019-02-27-13-57-13-3862, i saw that they asked to contact the local seller in Romania. I contacted it, they said they would look into it and responded vaguely on email that it works well in AC22. I said that i don't have AC22 only 21 in which i am currently working, 2-3 weeks since then and no response from them.

What should i do to make it open? Has this happened to anyone? What should i do with that code to find what's wrong, here in Romania i can't get help.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
I really don't know what the problem could be.
But I would try to 'open and repair' the file when you open the file from the 'open file' dialogue.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried that already, nothing changed..
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
drexdis wrote:
I don't know why now even when i open archicad it crashes instantly after opening.
If ARCHICAD is crashing as soon as it starts, I'd try reinstalling ARCHICAD first. If that doesn't help, I'd check if something is generally wrong with the computer, e.g. testing for a corrupted file system.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe i was not explaining well. All other files are working well, only this project i am currently working on is crashing. Everthing is ok with other archicad file exporting, saving etc.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If local support can open it in AC22, ask them to save back to AC21 and send the file to you.

That's the quickest solution that I can think of.

Frustrating that this is their level of support though. Certainly not on par with what we have with the Dutch reseller (which has great support).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I asked a friend to save from 22 to 21 and be on floor plan view as you said, and now it is usable.
But the problem still existes when: i try to export ground floor plan on layout to pdf.
How do i find what is wrong with that layout that it keeps crashing when saving?
So, i am able to work in 2D, 3D, everywhere, only when saving that layout is crashing.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thanks for posting your Bug ID, that actually helps a ton!

Based on the number I could check our system for the report and it turns out it points to a crash that we had already fixed in AC21 update 50xx (fix #232096). The latest build currently out for AC21 is 7000, and the report was sent from AC21 4022.

So, long story short: the issue is fixed in the latest update, so if you update your ARCHICAD to build 7000, the issue should be gone. It is always a good idea to check for updates if you experience an issue.

Let me know if the update helped!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, that is true. I am on 4022 version not the latest. Thanks
Learn and get certified!