Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

INFO BOX Problems!

Dennis Lee
Booster
I finally couldn't stand the lag in working with ArchiCAD, and started to test out what made it so slow. Most of the issue is the slow response in selecting, de-selecting (ESC key), which forces me to pause and wait for the selection / de-selection to finish prior to issuing the other commands.

I found that when I turn off the INFO BOX, everything is so much faster and instant. Every time I select a different element made from a different tool, the info box struggles to refresh, changing into the info box setting specific for that selection. I'd like to just turn it off, but as you know, the INFO BOX is so critical I'm not sure that's a viable solution.

One easy way to experiment, select a bunch of different objects, wait for it to get selected (turns blue), then hit the escape key once. Try this with the info box on and info box off.

I would like to know, is this behavior only for me? Do other users out there experience this slowness?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Dennis wrote:
One easy way to experiment, select a bunch of different objects, wait for it to get selected (turns blue), then hit the escape key once. Try this with the info box on and info box off.

I would like to know, is this behavior only for me? Do other users out there experience this slowness?
It might just be you.
I have instant selection and deselection no matter how many elements I try with.
No waiting at all.

Things I would try.
Make sure you have the latest Archicad update - 5010 has just been released.
Make sure you have the latest video card drivers.
Try using the 'Standard' Work Environment.
Close the 'Renovation' palette if it is open to see if that makes any difference.
Turn of any trace reference if you have one active.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dennis Lee
Booster
Thank you Barry for your feedback. I did a complete uninstall of everything ArchiCAD and reinstalled everything again, seems to be working normal now. Maybe I had too much leftover bits from past versions, etc.

Regards,

Dennis.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Barry Kelly
Many different Archicads should not have been the problem.
I have 14 different versions/builds/national versions installed with no apparent issues.

Just reinstalling or updating that version should have fixed the problem I think.
But I am glad you have it working though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mIRage66
Newcomer
Hello all,

have the exact same problem as Dennis. Info box slow refresh/populate rate since I've moved to a new Windows 10 machine. Each new tool takes almost half a second to populate the info box. Happens the same since it was freshly installed and the same in AC 19.
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with archicad updates or versions since everything else in AC19/AC21 is working perfectly fine and fast and behavior as the same with various updates.
Tried the most obvious things - playing with various nvidia drivers, cleaning registries, reinstalling etc etc. but It's always the same, although sometimes the info box behavior does gets slightly better or worse.

Seems more likely as a windows + graphic card issue, or incompatibility with a certain program or process.

Did anyone manage to solve this problem and get to the cause of it?
Archicad 21/22/23, Windows 10 64bit,
Asus GL703VM, Intel i7 7700HQ, GTX 1060, 16GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There was not so long ago another thread about this, which offered some additional solutions. Antivirus software can also be causing such delays. Here is the thread:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=59564
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
mIRage66
Newcomer
LaszloNagy wrote:
There was not so long ago another thread about this, which offered some additional solutions. Antivirus software can also be causing such delays. Here is the thread:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=59564

Thanks Laszlo, I'll check it out!
Hope it really is the antivirus, although I have messed around with that as well.
Archicad 21/22/23, Windows 10 64bit,
Asus GL703VM, Intel i7 7700HQ, GTX 1060, 16GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Have you guys had any solution to this problem? I've done all these procedures as well but I'm still having problems. I'm using a bit older AC but it's not good to hear that it happens on newer versions also since we're planning on updating.

Let me know if you had a solution, thanx.

BTW. what graphics gard are you using? I'm using Nvidia GeForce GTX1070

EDIT: Okay, I was using Avast as my antivirus. I deleted it and switched on only Win 10 Defender. Added exceptions to all Archicad related folders and now it seems to be working (at least for now)