Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Performance Issues [AC 23]

gpowless
Advocate
I have found a number of performance issues with AC23 that wern't there in the RC version.
1. Adjusting heights or widths of complex profiles is incredibly slow. Selecting a node to stretch cause a spinning ball for 10-15 seconds each time. If I over shoot the mark I am attempting to adjust to the spinning ball reappears and takes another 10-15 seconds to respond.
2. Most profile offset modifiers can't be adjusted in 3D. Occassionaly they will adjust by small increments but most times selecting the adjustment bar does nothing.
3. When the trace reference is turned on in plan view and I switch to 3D view orbiting is slow for a short (20-30 seconds) period. Once it has (I assume) updated or completed the operation delaying the movement it appears to operate as normal.

I will keep adding to this thread as I find anything else....
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
10 REPLIES 10
gpowless
Advocate
4. Selecting 3D stretch on a complex profile also gets a spinning ball and can't be released by the escape key or by switching to another operation.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
runxel
Legend
I also have some trouble with v23, which were not that present during beta.

I've downloaded this sample project from the Graphisoft page.
All views are slow, zooming beyond 200-300% is laggy as ####.
The plan is unusable – regenerating again and again. Overall this is the worst performance I had for years.

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
Barry Kelly
runxel wrote:
I also have some trouble with v23, which were not that present during beta.

I've downloaded this sample project from the Graphisoft page.
All views are slow, zooming beyond 200-300% is laggy as ####.
The plan is unusable – regenerating again and again. Overall this is the worst performance I had for years.

This may not be a fair test as I do not have the German library.
But I downloaded your file and can see no problems opening views or zooming.
I am also Windows and not MAC.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mario Sacco
Expert
Try to change monitor resolution. A23 is very slow on MAC on resolution out of MAC Standard
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
runxel
Legend
Zones seem to be problematic.
If I select them (even in an otherwise near empty project), it takes seconds until the info bar shows anything. With fills it's there in an instant.
Same with the PET pallet: takes ages until it shows up with zones.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
runxel wrote:
Zones seem to be problematic.
If I select them (even in an otherwise near empty project), it takes seconds until the info bar shows anything. With fills it's there in an instant.
Same with the PET pallet: takes ages until it shows up with zones.
Hi,

Just out of curiosity, would please provide the count of objects on your computer? It can be checked in the Task Manager/Details tab, and by adding the 'User Objects' and 'GDI Objects' columns. (Right clicking on the list header will open a context menu). Showing the values can be performed by selecting the 'Select Columns' command.

Please do this while you are experiencing the issue with the Info Box and zones.

It's just a good place to start from in order to understand a bit more about this.

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
We are having exactly the same issues here, makes the wall profiles unusable in 3D meaning you can't snap an offset modifier to another element, you need to go back to doing maths and manually entering the offsets.

Graphisoft, is this likely to be fixed soon?
gpowless wrote:
I have found a number of performance issues with AC23 that wern't there in the RC version.
1. Adjusting heights or widths of complex profiles is incredibly slow. Selecting a node to stretch cause a spinning ball for 10-15 seconds each time. If I over shoot the mark I am attempting to adjust to the spinning ball reappears and takes another 10-15 seconds to respond.
2. Most profile offset modifiers can't be adjusted in 3D. Occassionaly they will adjust by small increments but most times selecting the adjustment bar does nothing.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
runxel
Legend
Ghaleb wrote:
count the 'User Objects' and 'GDI Objects' columns
Thanks for your attention
At one certain file I have 2'100 user objects and 4'000 GDI objects.
Hope this somehow valuable data for you!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
gpowless wrote:
3. When the trace reference is turned on in plan view and I switch to 3D view orbiting is slow for a short (20-30 seconds) period. Once it has (I assume) updated or completed the operation delaying the movement it appears to operate as normal.

I will keep adding to this thread as I find anything else....
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting here and I am sorry for the experience!

I did some tests with my own project files but unfortunately, I don't have any performance issues when performing these tasks. I'm wondering if it's possible for you to share the project file that you're working on, as well as the machine's specification for further investigation?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT