BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Please recommend me learning ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please recommend me. How to learning used ArchiCAD to advance by myself. Such as buy some books or media actual stey by step. I have step by step ARchiCAD 8. I want how to create building all system same AutoCAD software.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Recommendations:

Keep reading this forum.

Make a small building (even one room) start to finish with a full set of drawings.

Start a user group. There are at least two other members of this forum in Thailand.

HTH
Dwight
Newcomer
But remember, ArchiCAD is not like AutoCAD. Your work will not be the same. Using ArchiCAD, you'll make Virtual Building Inoformation Models - these are better.

The recent review of ArchiCAD said it is complex and hard to learn. Take your time. It is worth it.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
wichai wrote:
Please recommend me. How to learning used ArchiCAD to advance by myself. Such as buy some books or media actual stey by step. I have step by step ARchiCAD 8. I want how to create building all system same AutoCAD software.
You should also have the StepByStep CD. Go through all the lessons, they are showing you how to work and the basic concepts of ArchiCAD, and are taking you through a project. Adapt the process to your needs.

It is hard to learn any software by yourself; try to find a fellow user near by, exchange experiences, and keep reading this forum.

Good luck!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Start a user group. There are at least two other members of this forum in Thailand.
available for quality tuition and papaya shakes on koh pha-ngan . . .

b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
I'd like to see that happen - it would be so cool.
ArchiCAD troubador Ben.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!