Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Silent Install without CEIP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

I am trying to deploy Archicad 18 without the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)

Is there any way to disable the pop up (which asks if you want to take part in the CEIP or not.) on the first start up?

Thanks a lot.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, I have one idea for this, but I have not tried it:

If you go to the Registry Editor, you will find a registry value that is probably related:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD-64\ArchiCAD-64 18.0.0 INT R1\CustomerInvolvementChecked

On my computer it is currently set to a value of 1. During installation the Dialog it appeared, so I suppose it was set to 1 by ArchiCAD.

So what I am supposing is if you created that folder and that variable and set its value to 1 prior to installing ArchiCAD, the Dialog would not appear. I can imagine you could create a batch file that would create the variable in the Registry, then run the ArchiCAD installer, so you would not have to be do it separately on each machine the deployment is run on.
This nomenclature I am using is of course for Windows, but on Mac you would do something similar.
If you try it, please report back with the results as I am curious.
Registry-CEIP.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
If you try it, please report back with the results as I am curious.
Hey, using this single registry key did not work for me.

But a combination of these three keys worked just fine.
Can you explain the function of the following registry keys, please?

"CustomerInvolvementChecked"
"UsageLogger"
"Special Menu"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is not official info, it is just my ideas of what these could be:

"Special menu": when you set this variable to "1", next time you start ArchiCAD the Special menu will appear in your menu bar. This is a menu that contains a series of commands mostly used by developers of the program.

"CustomerInvolvementChecked": this value is set to "1" after that Customer Experience Dialog appears at least once. I suppose if it doesn't exist or is set to "0" then the Dialog appears the next time you run ArchiCAD.

"UsageLogger": this value stores your choice in the Customer Experience Dialog. If you chose the YES radio button, its value will be "1", otherwise it will be "0".
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27