BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Trouble setting the north arrow...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello -

New to the forum and to ArchiCAD. I was able to find where to set the north arrow and that seemed fairly basic. However I noticed my elevations don't correspond to the direction I have set my north arrow on the floor plan. Am I missing something...? Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Elevation naming is not automatic - it is whatever you call it in the Elevation Marker settings
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wasn't sure since the program seems to be so smart in other ways I thought it might automatically name the elevations based on the location you set the north arrow to..thank you!
DGSketcher
Legend
Interesting observation. Not sure if it could be done in GDL but I think there are a lot of naming variations such as "Elevation to Main Street" that others may consider more informative.

I might look into this if time allows...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Stress Co_
Advisor
SJPHouse wrote:
I wasn't sure since the program seems to be so smart in other ways I thought it might automatically name the elevations based on the location you set the north arrow to..thank you!
It does for the Interior Elevation tool
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 9.09.22 AM.png
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Learn and get certified!