Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

View Setting Instability in AC24

DGSketcher
Legend
Ok this was triggered by the AC24/5000 build preview where things seem to have degenerated, but I have seen it before that. Anyone else having problems with instability in display settings for views & layouts? I have added a poll as it isn't easy to describe when or why it happens.

What I am seeing is when jumping between View Map and Layout Book, the layout book will sometimes inherit the view layer combo which means in my set up the titles & view ports on the individual layout become hidden.

Switching between Views to view an Interactive Schedule can sometimes see the PreViews in the Schedule rescale to match the previous view scale. This also seems to happen when updating for publishing.

Running update on the Layout Book prior to Publishing can result in dimensions displaying different associations which then require opening the original view and a forced view update in the Layout book.

I have switched all my layout views to manual update to hopefully stabilise things, which will now leave me at risk of drawings not being up to date. None of this is helpful when you are against the clock, hitting "update all" used to give some reassurance everything would be up to date, now it feels like a lottery and having to republish multiple times to get the correct output isn't good for anybody's blood pressure.

It has been said on numerous occasions that the Layout Book or Layouts needs their own setting page to block these settings bleeding through from other views. In this version of AC it seems like the bleeding has turned into a haemorrhage between all the different views.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
5 REPLIES 5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience! It is very sad to hear that you are struggling with making Archicad work correctly.

I have shared your opinions with my colleagues. Unfortunately, this is not something that we are aware of as a general problem in Archicad 24. Based on your description, it seems like there are multiple issues, especially when switching tabs of different view settings. I believe this is not a file-specific problem?

It would be great if we can reproduce the problem in-house somehow. Would it be possible for you to share an exact method to recreate the problem on a brand new file?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
Hi Minh, I have been advised that this has been reported to GSUK support and GS have identified the issue and plan to fix it in AC25. I guess in AC24 we just have to put up with it for now.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

That's unfortunate to hear! I'm wondering if you have the defect number from GSUK (it should like this DEF-xxxx)? I would love to have a closer look into this issue, to see whether it is possible to fix it in an update for Archicad 24.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
Hi Minh, I am advised this is the associated reference DEF-1538. Good luck!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello again,

I dig deeper into the history of this bug and turned out that this is a very difficult one to reproduce in a fresh file. Fixing it is not a simple task either, thus we have to postpone it until Archicad 25. I would love to see it sooner, but unfortunately, it was not possible. I am very sorry that I am unable to ask for an earlier timeline. Please let me know if you have any other input, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT