Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

LCA plugin Finally here :) DesignLCA

Thomas Nymann
Enthusiast

Hi

Graphisoft Center Danmark just released a public beta version of DesignLCA, a plugin to AC 26 that facilitates Eco designer star, in order to calculate a projects CO2 footprint throughout a given period of time (CO2eq/m2/anno)

DesignLCA calculates the "Global Warming Potential" as an "Early stage LCA"

With this method designers can (fairly) easy get a reading of your projects CO2 footprint where both construction and operation is taken into consideration.

There´s a Danish version, prepared to meet the danish regulations that will be implemented in 2023.

There´s an international version where vaules and settings needs to be adjusted to meet your local regulations, demands and EPD´s .

DesignLCA calculates the "Global Warming Potential" as an "Early stage LCA"

Feel free to download  the international version from this website: https://www.designlca.com/

The Danish version is part of our Localization, and can be downloaded from our website:

https://Graphisoft-danmark.dk/download

Please leave a comment if this could be usefull for studio.

ThomasNymann_0-1668162902503.png

ThomasNymann_1-1668162968587.png

Uden titel.png

ASUS ROG I9 12900H 🙂 - RTX 3080ti (16GB) - 32 GB RAM - Ryzen 7 1700X 3,8GHz. - GTX 1080ti 11 GB- 16GB RAM
AC 13 +
62 REPLIES 62

Hi 

Not in DesignLCA 4.0 and earlier versions, but we will be publishing the next version – DesignLCA 5.0 – before the end of june 2024, with this feature. 

In DesignLCA 5.0 all element types in Archicad will have the option to put a fixed CO2 value on the object. It could be a piece of furniture or perhaps a wall piece. The DesignLCA will not include CO2 from Building Materials for this object, but use the specified CO2 value instead. 

Please keep yourself updated on http://designlca.com

// Thomas

ryejuan
Advisor

Hi,

I'm trying to explore this Addon and I'm getting this results not sure which part I missed out. 

ryejuan_0-1727428769910.png

The material CO2 Report also shows this

ryejuan_1-1727428816467.png

I'm running it on AC27 (5060) Design LCA 5.1

Thanks in advance!

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Thomas Nymann
Enthusiast

Hi Juan.

Even though AC has a parameter for embodied Carbon, in the Material settings, you actually need to apply these values elsewhere.

This is because the unit, in the AC Building Mat. Parameter is fixed to kg.!

ThomasNymann_0-1727429926630.png

To be able to choose the right unit for your Building Materials, the embodied carbon value should be added from DesignLCA-> Building Material LCA Settings.

Here you can add the Life expectancy and the Co2 values for different LCA Modules, with the "right" units. 😉

ThomasNymann_1-1727430092113.png

This is the amount of Co2, that will be calculated in Design LCA 🙂

ThomasNymann_2-1727430193556.png

This is also described in the english manual availabel from www.designlca.com 😉

Enjoy / Cheers

Thomas

ASUS ROG I9 12900H 🙂 - RTX 3080ti (16GB) - 32 GB RAM - Ryzen 7 1700X 3,8GHz. - GTX 1080ti 11 GB- 16GB RAM
AC 13 +