BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM SERVER UPDATE

archigreen
Enthusiast
How can I update my server version to be compatible with my client version to be able to work on line in TW?
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
13 REPLIES 13
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
From my experience, the update is a three stage process. If you only have the BIM Server (Control Centerl) installed on your BIM Server, then skip to the Next stage twice and the last step will update the BIM Server.

I believe GS has plans to provide hints to make this all a little more intuitive.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are thinking of selecting the options along the lines of "Do not update this ArchiCAD" until we get to the BIMServer, that is what we did to no luck.

However, this issue had been resolved the next day when our IT guy came in for his weekly tasks. He said the .exe file worked successfully when it was copied over onto the desktop of the 64-bit server Windows and then opened instead of opening from the shared network. I don't know if that made sense, and he did not know what was wrong since he did it right the first time around. Perhaps one of those things when the computer responds to the IT people than the users.

Thanks for responding, Link. This issue may have only concerned us but again, it's resolved and the BIM Server works great.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well another thing I may have done is right clicked up the update and chosen 'Run As Administrator' at the very start. Sorry can't quite remember my exact steps.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We're running BIM Server on a Mac - OS10.8.5, 2.6gHz Intel i7 quad core, 16GB RAM - in an all Mac shop.

I was having difficulty trying to run the Hotfix from a remote machine (via Screen Sharing from my own Desktop). We do not have AC installed on the BIM server machine.

What I had to do: dl the hotfix on my own machine. Copy it directly to the BIM Server's drive. Go physically to the BIM Server and run it from there. With that process, I had no glitches. Something about Screen Sharing (logged in as same user, Admin privileges, etc.) didn't want to find the BIM Server.app, even though I browsed to the correct directory. Doing the same thing, locally on that machine, no trouble. Go figure.

It seems now to be working fine.
andrew
Learn and get certified!