BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Error message "Project has not been shared yet"

R Muller
Enthusiast
Forced out of a project. Can't get back in because "Project has not been shared yet". However, it still exists on the BIM server.

Any ideas on how to get to it?
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
11 REPLIES 11
dhaval7shah
Newcomer
We have the same problem. The error message comes while trying to open the Existing TW13 project on 13-14 server. It suddenly occurred (i mean, not immediately after any update). After some days, the same error came for another TW13 project on the other BIM server.
I only want to know how can we open/recover the TW project now?
Dhaval Shah
Upto AC 22
iMacs and MacBookPros: Mac OS X (10.6 to 10.12, Intel core 2 Quad to i5, i7, 8 GB to 16GB)
Win 10, AMD Opteron 6-Core x 2, 16GB, FirePro W4100 2GB
& ThinkPad E550
& i7, 8GB
We just had this issue on a AC16 project. No problem on Friday, but came in Monday morning to find the (OS X) server itself in a very poor state. Very low responsiveness, and the share points were incomplete and had to be reshared. BIM Server started normally once the server was sorted out.

But upon trying to Open the already joined project from Friday, we got "Project has not been shared yet". Well, it is shared, and not only that we can see ourselves as Joined in the Project Settings in Server Manager. At this point it is clear we need to bail out and reshare the project from a backup PLN.

Except the backup list is distressingly empty. No manual or automatic, no PLN or BIMProject. In the Backup Schedule the PLN checkbox has unchecked itself (we would never uncheck it). The BIMProject box is checked, but still, nothing in the list.

Thankfully the backups were there (both kinds), in the expected folder of the project path, and we able to recover the work. Since yesterday the backups have been taking place.

So all is well in the end, but this issue is still alive in 16 at least.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Learn and get certified!