BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Login/Permission issues with BIM Server on Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a client who uses BIM Server with Archicad 17 on a Mac and we are running into some issues that I wanted to run by the community. After further research, I'm quite sure what is wrong but wanted to double check regardless.

Just a brief background, I am the one who setup their Mac OS X server, but I was not the one who installed the BIM software, so I'm researching this product as I go. The problem we are running into is often times when hitting Send/Recieve in the app, Finder in Mac OS X prompts for the username and password for their server computer. No matter what they type in, the problem always comes back. I initially thought it was a file sharing/keychain issue but checked all those areas.

When I started looking further, I found the settings that showed where the Project and Library folders were stored for BIM Server. My client said he left the default locations and I discover that everything is stored in /private/var/root/Documents

The common sense in me tells me this is our problem right here, since these are invisible folders that are reserved strictly for OS purposes and are not meant to be accessed by a user. I also looked at the installation guide for BIM Server and noticed the default locations listed in the screenshots were completely different, and in a more normal spot like the GraphiSoft folder in Applications.

So I'm trying to figure out if my assumption is right that the folder location is our problem. I also read that you cannot change this folder after the fact, so we would need to fully uninstall and reinstall with new folder locations correct?

Thanks in advanced!
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!