BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Reserve Elements Dialog vs. Reserve Selected Elements

Gus
Newcomer
When I select an element and want to "reserve selected elements" I often am not given that option. Instead I am given the option to "reserve elements" then a dialog pops up (see image below) and it rarely if ever ends up allowing me to reserve the greyed out element I am trying to reserve. What's up with that?

reserve selected vs reserve elements.PNG
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I am not mistaken, this is a Grid Element.
Does this same thing happen when you try to reserve it in a Floor Plan Viewpoint and not in a Section Viewpoint?
(Although Grid Elements are visible in Sections/Elevations, they are placed in Floor Plan Viewpoints so that is their "Home Story" so to speak.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Gus
Newcomer
Got it.
It does change when I am in floor plan instead of section.
This brings up an interesting point.
I had trouble making elements in plan editable the other day. I tried to unlock them and tried to reserve them but they remained grey.
Is it possible that one can "view" certain walls in a floor plan, but not "edit" the walls unless their "home story" is the same story I'm currently viewing?

If this is true, it would be very helpful if "greyed out" elements had a rollover message explaining why the element is grey. This way people would be taught these things while using the program instead of having to trouble shoot this stuff.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
Learn and get certified!