Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Posting on our website - 3D interactive models? How TO?

rob2218
Enthusiast
Iv'e been tasked at my office to come up with a way to post, on our website, 3d interactive models of our Archicad designs. For client use, for promotional use, and for simply all around "interactivity" to the rest of the world from within our office.

Now, with that said, what software would I need to be able to do this?
I thought about using a 3DPDF file (that U3D file type) embedded inside a PDf file that gets uploaded to our website but....that seemed a bit clumsy and would take too long to have the client be able to move around the model.
Then there was the BIMx Explorer on the ipad but how do I get that on our website and would the client need anything on their end?

In summation: what I'm looking for is to be able to provide a spot on our office website which will contain a "clickable" 3d viewable model right thru our website's location. How best to accomplish this task.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
15 REPLIES 15
rob2218
Enthusiast
Now there'd be a nice bit of application code writing eh....

An application specifically designed to embed the BIMx format into a webpage so the viewer can manipulate the BIMx file without having to install any additional software to view in 3D right thru the internet.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
that would be real sweet!
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use Artlantis for that. Check the examples at the bottom of the page:
http://www.ivisit3d.com/

These files are much lighter, faster generated and better rendered than BimX.

As long as BimX has no aditional functionality (markup tools, model query, cut planes) and becomes something a bit like Tekla's BimSight - http://www.teklabimsight.com/ - , I rather use "dumb" renderings for visualization purposes.

And the iPhone/iPad app is amazing, specially for renovation projects.
rob2218
Enthusiast
I have seen the "ivisit3d" files.
Now..not sure how that works.
If you have Artlantis....you create the 3d models...then what?
Also...does the client trying to access/see the 3d model off your office website need to install any software??....ANY at all???? If so, it may not work.

What I need is to point the client to our website.
Then once there, they can "click" one button and see 3d models right off our website....without any additional application having to be installed on their end to see the 3D we are trying to convey.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Artlantis publishes a group of files, one of which (html) that you can open with a Net Browser, on a computer, tablet or phone. Thus, you can send them by email or put them on a site. Some browser or browser versions don´t work.

Each view (called panorama) is a 360º rendering, and you can link views together to enable the viewer to jump from location to location.

Artlantis Help file has the instructions, search Panorama.

Artlantis comes with an executable, called iVisit 3D Builder, where you drop the mentioned files and it generates a file you can open on an iPhone or iPad, provided you install the iVisit 3D app first. This adds the ability to use the hardware motion sensor to detect which way you are looking. Pretty cool and straightforward.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Krippahl wrote:
Artlantis publishes a group of files, one of which (html) that you can open with a Net Browser, on a computer, tablet or phone. Thus, you can send them by email or put them on a site. Some browser or browser versions don´t work.

Each view (called panorama) is a 360º rendering, and you can link views together to enable the viewer to jump from location to location.

Artlantis Help file has the instructions, search Panorama.

Artlantis comes with an executable, called iVisit 3D Builder, where you drop the mentioned files and it generates a file you can open on an iPhone or iPad, provided you install the iVisit 3D app first. This adds the ability to use the hardware motion sensor to detect which way you are looking. Pretty cool and straightforward.
Miguel, obrigado.

I was looking for something like this for my website.

Sweet.