Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering interior with semitransparent facade

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to make some pictures of the interior of a building from the exterior, because the interior spaces are so tiny. The exterior facade is a curtain wall made of glass, and I want to keep it semitransparent or sort of faded to still give an idea of the exterior wall even my purpose is to show the interior. Any ideas of how to make the exterior curtain wall less obvious.
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You could use a graphic override rule and create a transparant surface. I'd start by creating one of the 'basic' glass materials from the surface library and adjust that. Apply it to the whole of the curtainwall by overriding the surface. Just add some filters to the rule to single out your preferred curtainwall (easiest is probably to go for 'element ID' and 'element type').

You could also try using the cutting planes instead, cut back a little bit of the model and place your camera to show what is inside.

BIMx (possibly with a saved camera path) could also be a nice way to present the interiors.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Another popular and easy technique is to put the wall on a separate layer and change that one layer to wire-frame for that view. https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/archicad/documentation/archicads-3d-views-and-3d-documents/
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!